At Tapas, supporting creators is our goal, and we’re excited to develop fresh stories and open new doors together. For creators who want to work side-by-side with Tapas to start something new, co-production provides the chance to take a great idea to professional publishing, new mediums, and beyond!
What is a co-production?
A co-production is a special series that Tapas and creators plan together from start to finish. These become our Tapas Originals! Our standards for these stories are higher, and our team invests more time and money to make sure the project succeeds.
Success can mean something different to every creator—we work hard to understand what that is and build a robust plan to help them achieve just that!
We see co-productions as more than just comics: it’s a chance to foster new talent, polish raw ideas, and promote top stories, all while caring for the creators’ rights and keeping their best interests at heart. Then, with the creator’s permission, we can help expand these stories into new realms like games, TV, film, print publishing, and overseas distribution.
This is not the same as a one-time work-for-hire deal. In a co-production, we see creators as partners, not labor. We’re on the same team, and we’ll do everything in our power to see your story succeed!
What does co-production offer for creators?
- Financial support: We have upfront monthly payments for creators so they can work full-time on their project without having to worry about paying the bills.
- Editorial support: Professional editors will help you plan your story every step of the way, polish the results to industry-quality with a reader’s perspective in mind, and be your #1 cheerleaders!
- Creative Resources: We can provide resources for research, graphic design, assistants like colorists/inkers/letterers, and funding for displays at cons or events—anything that can support you and your story!
- Marketing: On top of Tapas-centered marketing like front page banners, we will market these series outside of Tapas to find new audiences!
- Connections: We can connect your story to our network of publishers, agents, and entertainment companies to bring new opportunities to life!
To learn more about how to pitch your stories to Tapas click here.