2. How do we get information about you?
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may directly collect your information via the Services. For example, we collect information when you perform the following activities: (The personal information collected and method of collecting personal information may differ depending on the country in which the Service is provided)
- Creating an account of the Platform;
- Registering or connecting your existing Tapas account with social media) such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Google or Twitter;
- Registering or connecting your existing Tapas account with ”Apple ID”;
- Accessing our Services;
- Participating in any type of events organized by us through the Services;
- Participating in any type of surveys organized by us through the Services;
- Making any purchases through the Platform; or
- Contacting us via methods we provide
3. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you.
4. What Personal Information do we collect?
A. Information you provide
When you create an account, you provide us with Personal Information such as your email address, username, authentication credentials used to sign up or log in and (if you choose to add) a photo, location, or other optional information.
B. Information automatically collected
We may automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, application version number, device identifier, search queries, reading history, bookmarks, transaction history, IP addresses, crash reports, system activity, hardware settings, browser type and setting, the date and time and referral URL of your request and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Tapas user account, location information.
The methods that may be used on the Services to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: Data about your use of the Services, which is stored in log files
- Tracking Technologies: Information about your interaction with the Services or email including your browsing and activity behavior collected by cookies, web beacons, in-app tracking methods and other technologies now and hereafter developed (“Tracking Technologies”)
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixel”) Web Beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs”, embedded in web pages and email messages. Web Beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Services, to monitor how users navigate the Services, and to count content views.
- In-app Tracking Methods There are a variety of tracking methods that may be included in our Platform and third-party Platform. These are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. Some use device identifiers, or other identifiers such as “Ad IDs” to associate app user activities to a particular app and to track user activities across apps.
C. Information from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources (as permitted by law), including Service Providers and third-party services, and combine such information with information we have collected directly and/or automatically from you.
Following information is transferred to us when you register or link your existing account with your account from a third-party service provider (i.e. Apple) or social media (i.e. Facebook, Google, X):
- The name of the third-party service providers or social media;
- Name, username, email address, user identifier created by the third-party service providers or social media, photo, other public profile information.
D. De-identified Personal Information
5. What do we do with the collected personal information?
We collect, use, process, share, and/or disclose your information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Services based on contractual relationship with you
- to provide, operate, and maintain our Platform and Services;
- to verify, operate, and process user identification for membership service(s) including your Tapas account;
- to verify, operate, and process your purchases, transactions, and refunds;
- to help you or your device register for our Services;
- to operate our Platform and to analyze your activities;
- to provide customized Services;
- to suggest and operate promotional and event activities;
- to troubleshoot any issues;
- to monitor and analyze to improve Service performance quality;
- to enhance confidentiality, integrity and availability of security;
- to develop and improve operating environment for better Services;
- to allow you to manage your Tapas account; and/or
- to conduct any other activities required to provide our Services
- to detect, prevent, investigate, and report violations, unauthorized use of and/or abuse of Services, other agreements and/or suspected illegal activities;
- to resolve any issues and claims in connection with you (including, but not limited to collecting/reviewing documents, having legal advice, and proceeding dispute resolution);
- to store records of dispute settlements;
- to protect the rights, privacy, safety, and property of us and our Service Providers; and/or
- to enforce other policies and agreement
- To comply with legal requirements
- to meet or comply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, and/or guidelines established by any legal or regulatory authorities binding on us;
- to support any criminal investigations in accordance with subpoena, court order or legal process for which we, our Service Providers, or you have legal liability; and/or
- to support requests from government and/or investigative authorities inside and outside of the country of your residence
- To perform customers services
- to support customer inquiries and complaints given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf and to carry out your instructions;
- to notify you of administrative and other important information regarding the Services and to contact you when necessary; and/or
- to otherwise render customer support and services to you
- To promote services, events, and products
- to send various types of communications for promotional and marketing purposes; and/or
- to deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers
- We may use and process your information for additional purposes under the following conditions:
- additional purposes are disclosed to you before your information is collected for such purposes; and/or
- you consent to collecting/using/processing/disclosing for the additional purposes
6. When and with whom is the personal information shared, disclosed, and provided?
In principle, we do not share your personal information with external parties.
However, we may share and provide your personal information with but not limited to our agents, vendors, and consultants (“Support Company”) of ‘Tapas’ as well as companies that provide the Services on behalf (“Service Providers”) of ‘Tapas’ in the following cases:
- With your consent
- We may share your information with external parties when we obtain consent from you or with your direction
- With Service Providers (and affiliate companies) for the following processes:
- Billing and payment processes;
- Data storage and development; and/or
- Administrative services and other third-party services required to provide the Services
- Advertising and analytics services
- With affiliated companies, group companies, and/or subsidiaries for following processes on behalf of us:
- Personalizing content and experience; and/or
- Offering promotions and events for our products and services or third-party’s products and services
- With law enforcement and appropriate third parties for legal reasons
- to investigate criminals, fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, or other suspected illegal activities, or as otherwise may be required by applicable laws, or as we deem necessary in our sole discretion, in order to protect our legitimate legal and business interests.
- Corporate restructuring
- We may share Personal Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
7. How long do we retain the personal information?
We may process and store your information in accordance with following conditions:
- while you are using our Platform (while your account is alive, not closed and deleted);
- as required under law, regulations, contracts or statutory obligations; and/or
8. When and how is the information deleted?
We will put in place measures such that your personal information in our possession or under our control is deleted in an irreversible format and/or de-identified as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (1) the purpose for which that personal information was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal information; and (2) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
If any personal information is to be retained as required by relevant laws and regulations, we retain it for the period as required by such laws and regulations before destruction. The personal information which is stored and managed by us will not be used for purposes not authorized by law or by you.
However, some information you have shared with others on the Platform may, and will likely, remain visible after you close your account such as comments, message board postings, and communications you have with other users of the Platform and certain submissions. Nonetheless, please contact Tapas Entertainment at email@example.com and Tapas Entertainment, in Tapas Entertainment’s sole and reasonable discretion, may assist you in deleting such content, and shall timely do so wherever and to the extent legally obligated.
If you no longer wish to use the Services or receive service-related communications (except for legally required notices), then you may delete your account. Learn how to delete your account.
9. Personal Information of Children
Tapas is very sensitive to this issue of children’s privacy and, therefore, we endeavor to protect the privacy of children using the Internet and our Services.
We do not intentionally collect, process, use, share, and disclose personal information of Children. Furthermore, we will delete any information in our system that we identify comes from Children in accordance with our Terms. However, when it is necessary to collect, process, use, share, and disclose information about Child, we will obtain relevant consent from parents or legal guardians.
Parents or legal guardians should supervise their Children when they participate in online(mobile) activities.
10. Do we transfer your information abroad?
11. What type of security measures have been implemented to protect personal information?
We take personal information very seriously and make reasonable efforts to prevent loss, theft, leakage, unauthorized alteration, and deletion of personal information through implementing appropriate physical, technical, administrative security measures as below (but not limited to):
- Access control (including secure password policy);
- Pseudonymization and encryption of personal information;
- Installation of anti-virus software and firewall; and/or
- Managing and monitoring of event logs for accountability
12. What are your rights regarding your personal information?
You may exercise your rights regarding personal information as below:
- Right of access
You may ask us to provide copies of your personal information, including how we collect, store, use, process, share, and/or disclose information about you. This rights always applies unless some exemptions exist.
- Right to rectification
You may contact us if you identify that your information in our possession is not accurate. You may ask us to rectify, update, and complete such inaccurate information.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten)
You may ask us to delete your information collected, stored, processed, shared, and disclosed by us when certain circumstances are met.
- Right of restriction of processing
You may limit the way we collect, process, use, store, share, and disclose your information if you are concerned about how we use it.
- Right to data portability
This right only applies to the information you have directly given us. You may ask us to transfer such information in a usable format from one organization to an(other) organization(s), or give it to you.
- Right to object
You may ask us to stop processing your information when certain circumstances are met.
14. How to contact us regarding any inquiries, concerns, and complaints?
If you have any inquiries about your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: October 31, 2023